Brivity supports contingent actions within an Action Plan. This means that you can make the start of one action contingent on the completion of another action within the same Action Plan.
Let's suppose you want to create an Action Plan that:
- Will be applied to a new listing when the listing is created, and
- Doesn't start until the Date Listed
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of Brivity
- On the Settings page, select the ACTION PLANS tab
- Select CREATE NEW PROPERTY ACTION PLAN. We'll call this plan, "New Listing"
- Select the down arrow beside the New Listing action plan and select ADD AN ACTION.
- You will see the Create New Action form. Fill out the Task details, Instructions (optional), Task assignment and visibility (as needed). Now, select the Make Contingent button.
- You will see the contingent actions options. Here you will select the number of days after or before an event that this task is contingent upon. In this case, let's make the task contingent on the Date Listed so the task activates on the Date Listed date. Once this is complete, select CREATE.
- You will see the first action under the action plan with a Due date of '0 days after Date Listed'.
- Now let's add an action that is contingent upon the completion of the action we just created. Select ADD AN ACTION and complete the same steps as above, but select the first action as the Event.
- You can add any number of Actions to the plan with various contingencies. Notice the various contingent actions.
- When this Action Plan is added to a listing, it will be queued up to start as soon as the first action is activated. See the Contingent Task Details in this example: